Read our day to day itinerary for this expedition. Our schedule has been finely honed over the past 20 years.
Prior climbing experience is required, view our list of prerequisites:
Day 1: Arrive in Min.Vody Airport. Our representative will meet you at this airport. Brief on the immediate arrangements, and escort you to the Baksan valley (4,5h). Check into a hotel. Dinner is served either at the hotel or at the cafe on the road. If the bus leaves the air port late than 6.00 p.m. we provide members with dinner-boxes on the road.
Day 2: Acclimatization hike to Cheget peak (2900m) will take us about 5 hours, where you can appreciate a panoramic view of the Baksan valley and the twin summits of Mt. Elbrus. Ascent of the Mt. Cheget top and then return to the hotel.
Day 3: Today we will have acclimatization hike to Terskol peak(3100 m). There is a magnificent view of Mt. EIbrus. Ascent along the Terskol river and through meadows. 5-6hrs. Return to the hotel. Afternoon is free.
Day 4: After breakfast we’ll have 15 minutes drive to the cable-car station Azau. Take two trams and a chairlift up to the Garabashi lift station (3750m). Check into the Barrels Refuge. The same day we’ll do an acclimatization hike to 4100 m. We will spend the night in the Barrels hut, situated on Elbrus slope close to the Garabashi lift station at 3750m. Each hut consists of a sleeping room with 6-8 beds and a small room with a wardrobe, a table and chairs. There is a canteen with kitchen in a separate hut. There is no shower the toilets are in a separate facility.
Day 5: We’ll do an acclimatization hike to 4700m to the Pastukhov Rocks. The slopes of Elbrus provide panoramic views of the Central Caucasus in every direction. Overnight in the Barrels hut.
Day 6: Rest day. Overnight in the Barrels hut.
Day 7: Today we will make an attempt to reach the main target of the trip – summit of Mt. Elbrus (5642m). To achieve this goal, we must start very early before dawn. Using headlamps we make our way to Pastukhov Rocks where we stop for a short rest and some drinks. After we reach the saddle (5300m), the summit climb will start. When we reach the summit of the highest mountain in Europe, we think that you will realize that your effort was worth the reward. Descent to the Barrels Refuge. Overnight there.
Day 8: Descend to the hotel. Accommodation at the hotel. Rest.
Day 9: Drive to Mineralnye Vody. Departure to home town.
• 2 way transfer: Kilimanjaro Airport – Moshi – Kilimanjaro Airport
• Tanzania VISA
• 2 Nights accommodation in Moshi, with breakfast
• Transfer from your hotel to starting point of climb, and return to your hotel after climb
• All National Park gate fees
• All camping fees
• Qualified mountain local guides, assistant guides, porters and cooks
• Salaries for mountain crew
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the mountain -3 meals per day while trekking – Vegetarian/Non-Vegetarian
• Hot drinks on the mountain
• Climbing permit
• Emergency Portable oxygen (for the duration of your climb)
• Government climbing taxes
• Transfers (a group’s bus M.Vody-Terskol-M.Vody, HTL-Azau-HTL).
• Lift to Elbrus(one way ticket)
• DBL accommodation at a hotel (a DBL room with a toilet and a shower) 4 nights.
• Accommodation at the Barrels Hut (4 nights).
• An English-speaking mountain guide.
• Mountain guides for summit attempt (1 guide : 3 clients).
• A cook (at the Barrels Hut)
• Visa support, registration
• National Park “Prielbrussie” permit (including massive of Mt. Elbrus)
• International and Domestic Air ticket
• Personal equipment
• Tips to the staff